Male Waxing6th May 2014
What Is Beeswax?8th May 2014
Waxing vs shaving; Which One Is Better and Why?
This is an age old debate that has seen no winner! Waxing is somewhat painful while shaving on the other hand is slightly risky, but rather painless. Many women do not mind the nicks and cuts that are part and parcel of shaving. Yes, shaving is painless, less messy, and certainly less expensive. That being said, waxing has myriad benefits over shaving in the long run. Read on to more on waxing, shaving, and yes which is better and why!
- How It Works: Hot wax is applied to the region you wish to wax and removed in the opposite direction of the hair growth rather swiftly. Yes, it will hurt but it will pull the hair out from the roots.
- Best Suited For: You can wax your legs, arms, under arms legs and even bikini areas. Those who have coarse, dark and stubborn hair too will benefit from waxing.
- Pros: Removes hair from the roots and keeps your skin smooth and hair free for at least three weeks. You can enjoy smooth skin with waxing for as many as six weeks depending on the thickness and type of hair.
- Cons: You need to wait for your hair to regrow to wax again. This is because the wax needs at least a quarter inch of stubble to be able to grasp and pull it out.
The treatment or procedure can be painful at times as the hair is ripped out at the roots. Waxing can also cause ingrown hairs in many women.
- Average Cost: You will spend anywhere between $30-100 for salon waxing. The cost will vary depending on the salon and the areas you wish to get waxed.
- Statutory Warning: Do not drink and wax! If you think a peg of alcohol will ease the pain, you are mistaken. Alcohol will tighten your pores and make the whole experience more painful and nightmarish. Instead, choose good quality wax. The better the wax, the less painful the experience will be.
- How It Works: Needs no explanation, does it? Yes, shaving removes hair at the skin’s surface. You simply cut the hair visible with a razor!
- Best Suited For: Legs, arms, and underarms. If you have lighter and finer hair, you can hope for better results with shaving. Do not attempt a bikini hair removal with razor!
- Pros: Quick and easy. Shaving is also, inexpensive and rather painless. Shaving creams make the process all the more easier as it moisturizes the skin and keeps it soft.
- Cons: Hair regrowth is very quick as it is cut at the surface. The regrowth is also blunt and may appear thicker.
Cuts, nicks and razor burns go hand in hand with shaving. You will also be prone to ingrown hairs.
- Average Cost: Razors and shaving cream are very inexpensive and can be bought at any pharma or grocers.